Women's Empowerment in Indian Villages (WEIV) is a project of ARD(Aust)Inc.
WEIV works in the field of community development through women's empowerment.
is working to create a society where women are treated with absolute
justice, equality and fraternity and in turn, ensure justice to all
We aim to create sustainable communities and promote social and political
A society without poverty, illiteracy, sickness, child labour
or gender and social inequality.
To create self governing organisations for poverty reduction through
achieving basic rights, basic education, health security, gender and
social equality, and livelihood security for the poor by empowering
women within the community.
1. To organise the neglected and disempowered sections of the
2. To organise them for social actions leading towards holistic development.
3. To impart entrepreneurial skills to them leading towards diversified
4. To organise the rural women folk and work towards socio-economic
5. To improve the quality of life of poor rural women and their families
through entrepreneurial training
6. To increase access to health, good nutrition, educational services and productive
The approach of ARD(Aust) is a holistic
one, ensuring sustainable development in the fields of social, economic
and political empowerment.
WEIV works through the following
1. Right to Development which ensures social and economic empowerment
of women through the formation of SHGs.
2. Right to Participation which ensures participation of the women in
the development process and in local self governance.
3. Right to livelihood which ensures providing sustainable livelihood
options to them through linking them with various income generation
about women whose lives have been changed by ARD programmes
our village images here
(Australia) Inc please click
Read ARD Newsletters here
to Mailing List here
Brochure here (330kb.pdf)